Thursday 14 April 2011

inside and outside of album cover














IMAGE THREE: This is the final piece for my inside insert for my album cover where the CD would sit. I followed the conventions of album covers and made some artistic work to sit inside the front cover. I made this by selecting some light trails which I had photographed on a long shutter speed at night to produce these long trails of light. I then used overlay and change of opacity on that layer to make it look like it does now. I also added more green lightning brushes over the top. For the CD I used the circular marque tool to make the size of the shape I wanted and then selected the same tool but inversed it to delete the centre circle. I then added the text to it which was the same text that I used on the front cover of the album cover to tie it together. I then adjusted the settings for the shape I had made to create an outer glow and shadow which made the outer white edges to my shape. IMAGE FOUR: This was my first attempt at an inside insert to my CD cover. As you can see the CD side of the cover stayed the same but the CD listing of the songs has been moved to the outside of the cover which follows the conventions correctly. I feel that the inside cover i made looks cleaner and crisper than the writing on the inside. IMAGE FIVE: I used the same kid of back ground for the back cover. I used the part of the background I created with the least amount of green brushes on it and cropped it to create my back page. I then used a picture of a fire which low opacity at add texture to the piece and added a picture of a holy bush to add more texture and to add in a little bit of green to tie it all together (pictures see above IMAGE ONE AND TWO). I scanned in an album cover to get the authentic additions to the album cover

which are both next to the bar code. I feel this helps me see what it would look like if it were to be printed for an artist release. The album cover is set at an angle as I wasn't able to scan it in at this angle its not set correctly. The bar code is supposed to be situated at the bottom right-hand corner with the song listings reading down the back. I decided to do this to follow conventions that song listings are normally listed in an exciting fashion. I feel this adds to the feel of it being an authentic album cover.


























No comments:

Post a Comment