Thursday 14 April 2011

Front of the album cover






IMAGE ONE: This is the final album cover, although it went through many changes in the process of it being made which i shall document. I'm very happy with the finished result for feedback i shall be showing the band who's music I have used for the music video. I feel like the swearing on the front cover would make it controversial because if this were to be commissioned for printing it would gain recognition as did the sex pistols album cover 'Blame it on the Bollocks' for its outward language. IMAGE TWO: This is the background I used for the basis of my front cover. I like the grungy distressed look of the image and i think that i may use this across the different components of my album cover to tie it all together. I made this by using varied Photoshop brushes from brusheezy.com and using an eraser tool and changing the opacity of the tool to make a gradual change between the different colours and brushes. IMAGE THREE: I put background into place and cropped it to the correct dimensions that I needed for an album cover. I an army style font for the writing on the front cover to connote power and conformity which is juxtaposed again the message in the writing. I just had to find a way to add the band name to front cover without imposing on the front cover itself, but still giving the band name enough definition to stand out. I finally decided on highlighting certain letters in a red colour to spell out 'The Zetas' band name. I think it worked successfully as the front cover is quite different but still follows conventions I believe it to be quite intriguing and would make people inquisitive to view it. IMAGE FOUR: This is the album that I chose to create into a album cover as I felt it was the strongest out of the mock up album covers I have experimented with previously.













No comments:

Post a Comment